Brief Job Satisfaction Measure II
DIRECTIONS: Some jobs are more interesting and satisfying than others. We want to know how you feel about your job. For each statement below, use the following scale to indicate which is most descriptive of your current job:
1 = STRONGLY DISAGREE
2 = DISAGREE
3 = SLIGHTLY DISAGREE
4 = NEITHER AGREE NOR DISAGREE
5 = SLIGHTLY AGREE
6 = AGREE
7 = STRONGLY AGREE
1. ____ I feel fairly well satisfied with my present job.
2. ____ Most days I am enthusiastic about my work.
3. ____ Each day of work seems like it will never end. (reverse-scored)
4. ____ I find real enjoyment in my work.
5. ____ I consider my job rather unpleasant. (reverse-scored)
Source: Judge, T. A., Locke, E. A., Durham, C. C., & Kluger, A. N. (Journal of Applied Psychology, 1998), adapted from Brayfield and Rothe (Journal of Applied Psychology, 1951).